Friday, December 20, 2013

Liar Liar Pancake Fire

It's my last Friday here in Prague and while I still have two days left in this beautiful city, it's really starting to hit me that this dream I have had for so long is finally coming to an end. Since I can remember I have known that studying abroad was something I NEEDED to do. It's that sense of wanderlust that lingers deep in your bones, pushing you to explore and search for something more. I haven't quite accepted the fact that I will be leaving in just 48 hours, but looking back on my time here I can't help but feel a warmth and joy inside of me that wasn't there 4 months ago. I'm so grateful to have been able to come here, travel across central europe, and do it with some amazing people. A very good friend of mine told me that life is about pushing yourself to the limit, and by doing so you often surprise yourself as well as find yourself. I found myself here.

I still have two days, so this is not a farewell post. However, I want to share a few pictures of the little things that I'm going to miss immensely.
I'll miss the fog that hangs in the city late at night making everything especially enchanting. 

I'll miss the super crowded yet super helpful metro station that scared me to death when I first got here (I'm a pro now) 

To go along with the metro, I'm going to miss the ridiculously long and steep escalators that take a lifetime to go up

I'm going to miss walking to class every morning.

This is my view directly outside of my window. When I first got here 4 months ago this wasn't even a building, but every single day these hard working construction workers have been consistently waking me up bright and early with their drills and hammers and bulldozers. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm going to miss the noise. 

This is Joseph. He is my favorite Caficko barista and I will miss his compliments and delicious free hot chocolate ;) 

I've never loved Christmas time so much and it's all thanks to these Christmas markets that fill the city this time of year. 

I don't think I can tell you why I love the Charles Bridge so much, but I'm going to miss walking across this amazing place every day. This was my place to daydream, relax, clear my head, you name it. This was by far my favorite spot in all of Prague. 

I'm going to really miss this guy. He's a crazy liar liar pancake fire that's been a really great support system for me here, showing me the ins and outs of Czech life. Thank you for letting me into your world and showing me the best time. 


It's safe to say a piece of my heart will always be here. I've fallen in love with this city.  

<3









No comments:

Post a Comment